OMAHA, NE –
The Democratic National Committee announced on June 5th, 2019 that they would not hold a climate debate, much to the disappointment of the Democratic 2020 POTUS Candidates and their supporters. Denying Democrats a debate on climate is unacceptable, irresponsible and suppresses an opportunity to discuss as issue that affects the entire planet. The number one issue among Democrats is climate change, and once again the DNC turns a deaf ear to the wishes of it voters. They do this even as studies show that we must achieve Zero Carbon emissions by 2030 to have any chance of reversing the effects of climate change.
Help us tell the DNC to REVERSE this dangerous & irresponsible decision. We need our public officials talking about climate change if we are ever going to pass a Green New Deal. Sign the petition at the link at the bottom of the article and we’ll send the following short letter below to the DNC’s misleaders.
“I am extremely disappointed the DNC has decided to refuse our Democratic candidates a chance to debate climate change. We deserve to hear from Democratic presidential candidates about how they will take action to address our global climate crisis. The future of our planet depends on it. I call on the DNC to REVERSE your decision on the climate debate!”
Sign the Petition!
NEBRASKA GRASSROOTS PROGRESSIVES
Nebraska Grassroots Progressives is a Volunteer-led Grassroots Progressive movement, which focuses on ensuring the enactment of a bold, sensible progressive agenda across Nebraska.
LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE:
JOIN OUR DISCUSSIONS:
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER:
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM:
“Seize The Means of Political Production!”
“Any Ole Blue Just Won’t Do!”
We Support Many Issues!
- Fighting Climate Change – We support ending fossil fuel use, and switching to renewable energy sources such as solar and wind power. We’d like to see a program that encourages or helps communities start Community Solar Gardens and helping residents placing solar panels or wind mills on homes. The US should be a leader in the fight against climate change.
- Fighting Pollution – Recently banning plastic bags has become an issue locally, we support banning plastic bags and plastic straws. We also support a city or statewide recycling program. We support encouraging public transportation to cut down on pollution from personal vehicles.
- Economic Reforms – We support the Green New Deal. Besides supporting an environment friendly economy that bans fossil fuels, mandates renewable energy, encourages urban agriculture and we support industrial hemp and legal marijuana in a truly green economy! We also support incentivizing locally based businesses like consumer cooperatives and worker owned cooperatives to play a heavy role in local economics.
- Civil Rights – We want people to be free to be themselves, to enjoy the fruits of a green economy and a clean environment. We support advancements in racial justice, ending police brutality, reforming criminal justice, respecting the space of marginalized communities, ensuring all women’s rights & protecting our queer & trans siblings from discrimination.
- Political Reform – We believe in order to ensure a clean and safe economy and environment, our political system itself will need to change. We support universal automatic voter registration, a national voting holiday, and a multi-partisan system with multi-member districts, and ranked choice voting. We believe the political parties, if we allow them to remain, must be responsible to their respective voters. We believe corporate money should be taken out of US politics. The Peoples’ Voices must be heard if we are to create a clean and safe economy and environment.
You must be logged in to post a comment.